Based in Barcelona, Spain
|Free since 2016|
BreakQuest is a remake of the classic Break Out with modern programming techniques such as a physics simulator and particle effects. It includes multitudes of weapons and power up originals. The idea of 'Gravitor' in BreakQuest, which allowed the ball's path to be controlled from a distance, was later adopted by other Break Out-styled games.
Shareware game from 2004, PC version free since 2016. Listed as one of the top 10 best independent games of the year by Game Tunnel (reference site in the shareware scene at the time). It has since been ported to Mac and PSP by other companies.
- 100 unique levels.
- Original soundtrack by Maniacs of Noise.
- Combines the classic arcade game with a physics simulator.
- Adventure mode and highly configurable arcade mode.
- 9 weapons and a multitude of never-before-seen power ups.
- Alter the ball’s path from a distance with the Gravitor.
Trailer by Cresun YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Top 10 independent games of the Year Awards." Game Tunnel, December 2004
- "Best Break Out game of the Year Awards." Game Tunnel, December 2004
- "Nurium Games has injected the old formula with heavy doses of adrenaline by adding dozens of crazy power-ups, cranking the speed to the max, and throwing it all in your face."
- Greg Mueller, gamespot.com
BreakQuest original 2004 press release.
Interview about BreakQuest
Spanish Interview about BreakQuest
About Nurium Games
Nurium Games is a one-person company started by me, Fèlix Casablancas, and it is based in Barcelona, Spain. My objective is to create original and addictive games.
More information on Nurium Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Maniacs of Noise